Required Education, Experience and Competency
· Must have 5+ years of field sales experience in the FMCG grocery and/or food industry
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially in Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Teams
· Bachelor’sdegree or equivalent experience
· Required Bilingual in English and Chinese (Speak, Read), Mandarin or Cantonese
· Strong achievement orientation and drive for results is necessary
· Consumer goods experience with an understanding of distribution channels is preferred
· Have a personal vehicle and valid driver license
· Dedicated focus on both external and internal customer/client satisfaction
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at different organizational levels
· Attention to detail, time management
· Performance Management
· Business Acumen
· Results Oriented
· Organizational Skills
· Presentation Skills
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
The individual must have the ability to work independently in cross-functional teams to achieve goals.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
You must be able to legally work in USA without sponsorship and able to travel to Canada
Equal employment opportunity and non-discriminatory commitments include, but are not limited to, the areas of hiring, promotion, demotion or transfer, recruitment, discipline, layoff or termination, rate of compensation and company sponsored training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work from home
The Sales Account Manager position is responsible for the proactive management and sustainable growth of the company’s product portfolio on the East coast of the United States and liaising with customers on the East coast of Canada to promote the sale of our products.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
1. Manage all aspects of the distributor/customer relationship in their region. This includes but is not limited to:
· Management and achievement of the annual Sales Budget
· Distributor management includes distribution, inventory, and avoidance of overstocking
· Management, planning and execution of the annual Trade Promotion Budget
· Compliance with the Terms and Conditions of the Distributor/Customer Agreement
· Coordination and execution support of all Marketing programs
· Distributor Sales Team training for all new product launches and corporate initiatives
· Oversee and manage the mitigation and/or resolution process for any and all disputes between the general trade, distributor, customers and the company
· Conduct regular market visits to maximize product distribution, shelf placement and brand and visibility at the retail level
2. Preparation of company reports:
· Weekly Sales update summary of the market visit, day-to-day business and issues
· Monthly Sales and Inventory Review
· Monthly Sales Forecasts
· Other project presentations or updates
3. Collection of market data for internal databases
· Understand the market trend, share market intelligence insights with sales & marketing teams on a regular base
· Remain up to date on all competitor and industry trends and proactively report findings back to the team and send product samples
4. Plan & execute sales-related promotion activities
5. Identify (new) business and channel opportunities, expand sales networks and provide quality customer services
6. Other job-related duties and responsibilities will be assigned from time to time.
This job operates in a professional home office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, mobile phones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and must work 40 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand.
This position requires up to 50% travel. Frequently travel is mainly local, sometimes outside the local area and overnight.